Charbonnel Water Washable Printing Ink – Prussian Blue – 60ml
Water Washable Printing Ink – Prussian Blue is a blue oil based, etching ink.
Prussian Blue has a mineral pigment base, and is more susceptible to bleeding on wet paper than other Water Washable Printing Inks. As a result, its use should be avoided when printing fine art books.
Colour number: 046
Lightfastness: Completely lightfast, even when lightened ★★★
Opacity: Opaque ■
Water Washable Printing Inks soften quickly when blended. When fluid they are easily spread across the grooves of a plate and are very easy to wipe.
Water Washable Printing Inks can be used in all intaglio printing techniques including engraving, dry-point, mezzotint, etching and aquatint. They can also be used with monotype and relief printing techniques such as linocut and wood prints.
Features of Water Washable Printing Ink
• Water-washable oil-based emulsion (contains no water)
• Hands and materials can be washed with soap and water
• High pigment concentration (comparable to standard inks)
• Extremely lightfast
• All the colours are mixable
• Viscous and easy to wipe
• Can be used with paper that is less damp than required for standard etching ink
• Same drying times as standard inks
• Will not soften when dry