Kama Dry Pigment - Phosphorescent Green Blue, 4g
Phosphorescent (glow in the dark) pigments, chemically pure and without additives.
For further information and technical specifications, see description below and download safety data sheets under "Additional Information".
These glow in the dark pigments are complex metal compounds that respond to excitation by daylight, incandescent, fluorescent or ultraviolet lights. This pigment emits a bright phosphorescence shade and exhibits high initial brightness and afterglow. The afterglow effect is dependent on pigment concentration, surface area and amount of radiant energy absorbed.
Precautions when handling phosphorescent pigments :
• When working with strong acids since this can cause dissolution of phosphorescent pigments.
• In the presence of high relative humidity and sunlight, phosphorescent pigments can exhibit darkening.
• It is not recommended to mill this product since this will degrade the phosphorescence due to breakdown of the crystal structure of the phosphorescent pigment. Mild stirring should be used to incorporate these pigments into a binder.
• The addition of colourless extenders or coloured pigments will reduce the intensity of the phosphorescence.
• Testing is recommended in the intended application to determine suitability.